Business and Finance - Business Management
Careers in business are in demand and Lynwood Community Adult School offers the courses you need to prepare for the demands of the 21st Century workplace.
The chart below outlines the course sequence that will allow you to obtain a well-rounded complement of skills and knowledge necessary for ANY business setting, no matter the industry sector. It is recommended that you begin with the Introductory courses, then progress to the Concentrator and then Capstone courses. Courses may be taken individually, as long as you meet the prerequisites for the course. These courses may be taken concurrently with high school diploma courses in order to simultaneously prepare for employment while completing your diploma. Courses are eligible for elective high school credit.
* Blended/Online Learning Classes - Apex Learning
⟐ Students who complete this course will have reviewed all of the exam objectives and be on their way to preparing for the corresponding Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam.
- Proficiency in oral/written English equivalent to completion of or concurrent enrollment in ESL Intermediate Low. Minimum reading level of 4.0.
- Minimum reading level of 6.0 as measured by the TABE 9/10 Reading.
- Typing proficiency of 25 words per minute, or concurrent enrolled in a Keyboarding course.
- Completion of Keyboarding and Introduction to Information Technology
- Completion of the Microsoft Office Specialist [MOS] Excel 2010 Core course.
Online/Blended Learning Courses through APEX Learning
Lynwood Community Adult School offers online/blended learning courses to supplement your face-to-face classes and to provide you options for studying at your convenience. Apex Learning is computer-based curriculum designed to be completed independently from your offsite location. Unit assessments must be completed under the supervision of the instructor on our campus by appointment between 5:00 - 9:15 PM. Please call our office for schedule information or visit us in person to register.Updated: 08/11/2016; ERB